Friday, November 6, 2009

College Pride and Slave Market

The pride people display for ASU and Auburn football surpasses Philadelphia and the Eagles. Not only do half the cars here have a specialty college football license plates, but the cars also have window flags and giant magnet logos. I don't get how people can spend so much money decorating their car -- I'm sure it all comes to over $100.

I decided to do my part for displaying college pride:


Once or twice a week I use my lunch break to explore downtown Montgomery. The other day I went to the slave market. There's nothing really left, but apparently the dock a few blocks down the street where the slaves would arrive is more or less still original.


So I've now been to a slave market and a Nazi concentration camp. To complete the trifecta I need to go to a Russian gulag.

1 comment: